Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
manavonthenet

Need Help Unistialling Linux and Reinstalling XP

I unknowingly formatted my hard drive and now I have a system with only Linux on it. And now when I try to boot my sytem with the XP disc to reinstall XP my screen goes blank and stays like that. Please help me with this problem as I do not want to pay $150 to the technician to do it.

Thanx in advance.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Alternatively, boot from the ultimate boot CD, free ISO file download at http://ubcd.sourceforge.net/. Convert ot physical CD via a program that supports burn-from-image, such as Nero or Easy CD Creator. It has several disk erasing/preparation tools, which can delete paritions, make new ones, reformat, etc. For use with XP by itslef, you probably want to erase everything on the hard drive, including paritions tables, boot record, etc. Then re-write as if this was a fresh (blank) hard drive from the manufacturer.

Hello

Did you managed to fix yours system coz .I have a same issue if yo managed then i can go ahead with what written help111

The original post is several months old and he never posted if he fixed the system.

Perhaps if you could explain in more detail your situation, folks could assist.

The answers given will do the trick, if your whole hard drive was formatted to a linux partition(s).

If you know what make hard drive that you have, you can also use the manufacturer's utility to zero write or repartition the drive, so you can start over.

If you elected to have a dual boot system and now want to get rid of Linux and boot XP again, the solution may be different.