Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mad nick

Iqon Quintal 2028 - Ethernet Controller driver

I have a question if I may : what Ethernet Controller driver do I need for an Iqon Quintal 2028 desktop PC ?

Background - I'm trying to connect friend's new PC (see title) to broadband. It came with Vista, but I've installed XP in a new partition. My old SAGEM USB modem (from Tiscali) installs OK but when I try "connect" it says "no dial tone" and vainly tries to reallocate bandwidth. I'm pretty sure that's because the modem's on the end of miles of phone cable. Give up on Plan A. Plan B is a Belkin wireless modem/router which she wants to use wired. My laptop picks up the wireless network. But the PC is not seeing the modem down an Ethernet cable. Device Manager shows the Ethernet Controller as yellow question mark. Much Googling reveals that Iqon habitually ship PCs with many drivers missing, their website is rubbish and they don't reply to E-mails.

So, does anyone know what the brand of Ethernet Controller is in an Iqon Quintal 2028 (or how I can find out without tearing her new PC apart !). Thanks in anticipation.

Solved. Realtek RTL8110SC. Info might be helpful to someone else. But what on earth are Iqon up to, shipping PCs with key drivers not loaded and no driver CD. Might also be helpful to others that Googling revealed that Iqon is somehow closely linked to Philips and Everex. Mad Nick

PS Blow me down but Iqon tech support replied to my E-mail after I'd already solved it myself.