Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
keeyn

logitech skype cam (this one).... wont recognise?

Hello there I recently bought this cam off ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280129916519&ssPageName=STRK:MERFB:IID

It installed fine on my mums PC but when I plug it in here it dosnt recognise it as a logitech cam shocked I have tried installing it 100 times + with logitech quickcam download software and also the drivers for it on the guys ebay page, but it just says cannot find drivers for this device

When I go to my computer, right click - device manager - it comes up with "other devices" and "PC camera ?" with a questionmark yellow sign

I have tried automatic install and also installing from just about every driver on the PC! it wont work! I cant "browse" to a "logitech driver" either, its in "my programs" the logitech quickcam 30mb or so software I installed, but it dosnt come up with a logitech driver in the drivers list?!?!

It did say on the cam that some USB ports dont recognise it and I may need an external USB. I doubt this though as my pc spec isnt bad, its a dell optiplex 2.6mhz 1gb ram! and has about 8 usb ports.

The first time I plugged it in it comes up with "found new hardware" now when I plug in the USB it wont even come up in the bottom right corner with this message but it DOES make a "bleep bleep bleep" sound, and is also recognising it as a "PC camera?" ie unknown in the USB port in device manager?

What must I do to install this camera!

help me please! im frustrated with this!

cheers

kieran