Compatible Support Forums
Sniper_Elite

Need for Speed II: SE problem with Windows XP

Hey, ive got a problem here. Im running Windows XP SP2 and trying to play NFS II SE. I installed it fine but when i go to play it i get up an error "initgraphics - INITMEMMAN REQUIRED BEFORE INITGRAPHICS FILE c:\nfs2se\game\3rash\initgrf.c LINE 44" I read somewhere that setting page file min and max @ 512Mb fixes this problem so the game plays. After trying this the game seems to open (i.e. the screen goes black) and then nothing happens, and i have to close it using windows task manager. Anyone have an idea as to why this doesnt work? And has anyone got a solution?? Thanks!

I downloaded DGVoodoo but it doesn't seem to do anything. After running the setup NFS II SE won't even autorun, the autorun box with "play" uninstall" etc. doens't even open. Tried changing a few settings in DGVoodoo but to no avail, it won't work

WINDOWS XP (AND PROBABLY VISTA) COMPATIBILITY GUIDE FOR NEED FOR SPEED II (SE).

The following procedure will make your Need For Speed II (SE) game RUN NEAR PERFECT UNDER WINDOWS 2000 / XP (and probably Vista).

IT WILL COMPLETELY FIX THE "SLOW SPEED" PROBLEM OBSERVED IN

VIDEO

Game will run almost just as good and in the same speed as under win95/98/me. And I 've tried to make it as much detailed as possible, so non-advanced users can follow it.

So, let's start:

NOTE: You must not have the game already installed in your computer in order to follow this procedure. If you already have the game installed, please uninstall it (don't worry, we will install it again, but in such way it will make it compatible)

1. Go to "(My) Computer" --> Right click your disc drive (the one the game disk is inserted into) and then click on "open" --> go to "SETUP" folder --> go to "ENGLISH" folder (or whatever other language you wish to choose as the installation language)

2. Right click on SETUP.EXE file (it's the one that has an icon with a grey computer and a box infront) --> click on "Properties" --> click on the "Compatibility" tab. Enable the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option. Select "windows 95" from the menu below. Then enable the "disable visual themes", and "turn off advanced text services for this program" options. Make sure that the "Run in 256 colors" and "Run in 640x480 screen resolution" options are disabled. Click apply and Ok.

3. Close all open windows, eject and reinsert the disc, and install the game. Make sure you make a FULL installation of the game.

4. Reboot

5. Enjoy the game

I have tried this on an two computers, with a NVIDIA and an ATI cards, and it's almost perfect. The only thing I have noticed are some sound glithes. Also, the game has known problems cooperating in windows2000/xp systems (don't know about vista) with more that 512MB of RAM. I am still working on it.

Hi Friend,

Need your help for INSTALLING nfs 2 SE ..It gives me an error mentioning you must run setup from CD ROM..kindly suggest what to do..

Regards,

Maddy.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">WINDOWS XP (AND PROBABLY VISTA) COMPATIBILITY GUIDE FOR NEED FOR SPEED II (SE).</span></span>

The following procedure will make your Need For Speed II (SE) game RUN NEAR PERFECT UNDER WINDOWS 2000 / XP (and probably Vista).

<span style="font-weight: bold">IT WILL COMPLETELY FIX THE "SLOW SPEED" PROBLEM OBSERVED IN</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">VIDEO</span>

Game will run almost just as good and in the same speed as under win95/98/me. And I 've tried to make it as much detailed as possible, so non-advanced users can follow it.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">So, let's start:</span>

NOTE: You must not have the game already installed in your computer in order to follow this procedure. If you already have the game installed, please uninstall it (don't worry, we will install it again, but in such way it will make it compatible)

1. Go to "(My) Computer" --> Right click your disc drive (the one the game disk is inserted into) and then click on "open" --> go to "SETUP" folder --> go to "ENGLISH" folder (or whatever other language you wish to choose as the installation language)

2. Right click on SETUP.EXE file (it's the one that has an icon with a grey computer and a box infront) --> click on "Properties" --> click on the "Compatibility" tab. Enable the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option. Select "windows 95" from the menu below. Then enable the "disable visual themes", and "turn off advanced text services for this program" options. Make sure that the "Run in 256 colors" and "Run in 640x480 screen resolution" options are disabled. Click apply and Ok.

3. Close all open windows, eject and reinsert the disc, and install the game. Make sure you make a FULL installation of the game.

4. Reboot

5. Enjoy the game

I have tried this on an two computers, with a NVIDIA and an ATI cards, and it's almost perfect. The only thing I have noticed are some sound glithes. Also, the game has known problems cooperating in windows2000/xp systems (don't know about vista) with more that 512MB of RAM. I am still working on it.