Compatible Support Forums
hotonion

I need help!!!!

Hey, i'm having a problem here where i dunno wats the root of my prob. My comp failed to enter into windows when i on my comp. It just keeps restart and show a black screen where ask me how i wanna start up windows. The options are: safe mode, safe mode with ..., last good configuration, and stat windows normally.

I've been getting this for the past half a year, even after i've reformatted my comp numerous of times! And the problem persist! And now adays, when i attempt to format it the normal type, means not the quick format, it fails to. But when i opt of quick format, it can! Do anyone of u know wats the prob? Thx....

Have you tried replacing the hard drive and doing a clean install on the new hard drive?

If its only letting you do a quick format, its probably something wrong with the hard drive itself...

There are any number of things that can be the problem. Since this is an intermittant problem, you could have some memory modules that have finally gone bad, or, depending on the age of motherboard, it too could have a short. Then, again, there could be a driver conflict. There is really no way to know this without breaking down the unit. Since you can't get into Windows to run any kind of diagnostics, you might have to take it to a reputable repair shop.

Originally Posted By: Sampson
Since you can't get into Windows to run any kind of diagnostics, you might have to take it to a reputable repair shop.

I can get into windows again, only if i reformats it. Which i've done countless times...
I've even tried using my older hard disk, which is from my old comp, but the prob still persist!
My mother board is around 3 years old.. Is tat consider old??

Is a motherboard that is three years old subject to failure? Of course, any motherboard subjected to excessive heat or overclocked or hit by a spike in electricity will eventually degrade and fail even if it is not three years old.

Again, since you can put in another hard drive and bring windows up after formatting it doesn't really help to diagnose the problem. You might try doing that, get into windows and use a memory diagnostic program to see if the memory modules are not giving you the trouble. You could open the case and let more air in to see if heat is a problem, which, in turn, would allow you to see how the various fans are working.

It just seems to me that you would do better to take the machine to a reputable repairman who has the equipment to test the various components individually and would put it on the bench and stress it to see what is breaking down.

Also, if you feel that it could be a memory problem, try running the memory diagnostic outside of Windows. If you boot to the utility partition and perform a custom test on the memory, it'll run a more thorough scan (including stress tests) than inside of Windows.

Do keep in mind, however, that the memory diagnostics are not 100% accurate; occassionaly, these tests may pass the memory when there actually may be something wrong with the memory. In addition, 3 years is not too old for a personal computer. The industry standard for businesses is 3 years, but the key word here is "businesses."

If you still have these problems, then I'd follow Sampson's last piece of advice and just fork out the extra cash to have someone fix it.

Originally Posted By: Myke
Also, if you feel that it could be a memory problem, try running the memory diagnostic outside of Windows. If you boot to the utility partition and perform a custom test on the memory, it'll run a more thorough scan (including stress tests) than inside of Windows.

May I know how to perform this test?

Originally Posted By: Myke
If you still have these problems, then I'd follow Sampson's last piece of advice and just fork out the extra cash to have someone fix it.

I've sent the comp for diagnosis, but the results was software problem ><" They reformatted the comp for me, but the problem still persist!! Wasted my money!!!

Okay, if the problem still persists, it could be a physical error on your HDD, which is not repairable. Just before it restarts, do you hear strange clicking? If so, then it is the HDD and you cannot repair it; you'll need a new one.

As for the the custom test, you can get to it by restarting your machine and pressing F12 just after the keyboard lights flicker. This will bring you to the boot options. Select "Boot to Utility Partition." This will bring you to a new screen which will allow you to perform diagnostics on practically all devices connected to your machine. Choose "Custom Test" and this will allow you to manually select what you wish to test.

Nope, I dun think i hear a strange clicking. Btw, i tried to use another HDD, but the problem still persist...