Compatible Support Forums
Droopy

Lost Admin Password

I Set up a friend of mine's computer and gave Admin access & created an account for his children with limited access. They wanted to install some chat programs and needed the Admin password. Like a newby he gave it to them and they changed it and "said she forgot it". Is there any way to gain access without wiping the machince clean?

Something found on the web suggests I re-install windows-XP and when it gets to the "Installing Devices" hit the "Shift & F10" key this should open a door for NUSRMGR.CPL to be input. Does this work?

That brings me to the second question...Does anyone have the patience to tell me a little about "remote assistance" and how I can do that from here and not drive 350 miles to do it?

Any response is welcome.

Thanks.

Droopy

For Your Second question...Does anyone have the patience to tell me a little about "remote assistance" and how I can do that from here and not drive 350 miles to do it?

U can take remote access of your system by installing a simple Software in your personal PC and with loging in at Website you can takeover your system and you can transfer your file as well

Kishu............

Remote Assistance is best handled through Windows Live Messenger if all is using a modern Windows PC.

Always look forward to a complete reinstall, it is the best thing you can do for your computer.

James M Singleton