Compatible Support Forums
ArchRaven13

i want to hook three monitors up to my computer

i have two monitors already and want to add a third i have an extra one laying around and i have a spare pci video card can i run the thrid off of it or do i have to do some thing special or is it just not posible.

right now i am runing a radeon 9200 with dual monitors and have another pci video card with a 8 mb video mem can i run a third.

i am runing xp with a 1.2 ghz processer and 512 mem with one 40 gig hard drive and another 320 for more space on a 300 watt psu and three cooling fans. what would i have to do to be able to use a thrid monitor

i am perrty computer inclined and have done lots of computer repair and programing but have never found and info pertaning to three monitors just two i do a lot of mutitasking and two is just not enough

any help would be great

thanks

This should work, I would first however d/l and install the latest video drivers for you current graphics card, also make sure you have the latest Chipset/INF drivers for your motherboard as well as all current patches and such for the OS.

After this find and d/l the latest drivers for that PCI card and have them ready to installe.

You should be able to install that PCI card and boot up into your OS and install those drivers you have just d/l for it.

Now, of course the fun in managing the desktop and monitors connected to each card wink

You may have to play around with these settings to get things to work properly however.

thanks for the help i will try that i don't have to much trouble with the two monitors but three might be a prob i will just have to try and see i talked to some people and they said there is some software out there you can use but i have to find it first