Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
new2this

microsoft designed games on linux?

up intill reading this forum, I had not clue linux could play windows games.....that was my only thing that made me want to keep my microsoft software....wow...ok....I've managed to get so far as pulling up the cdrom files, when I try to run anything it says nautilaus *sp?* cannot display viewers etc. Does redhat 8.0 have this 'wine' program installed allready? If not where do I find the page to d/l, sorry for all the questions but also can I d/l through windows *for now* and put it on a floppy to use in linux

Quote:
up intill reading this forum, I had not clue linux could play windows games.....that was my only thing that made me want to keep my microsoft software....wow...ok....I've managed to get so far as pulling up the cdrom files, when I try to run anything it says nautilaus *sp?* cannot display viewers etc. Does redhat 8.0 have this 'wine' program installed allready? If not where do I find the page to d/l, sorry for all the questions but also can I d/l through windows *for now* and put it on a floppy to use in linux

Transgaming is your friend: http://www.transgaming.com/

This is the easiest way. You may want to check out some of the native Linux games. I would also encourage you to give KDE a shot, as I find it an easier entry point for people who are new to Linux.

Best of luck

KDE? hmm all have to install that package on the system thanks for the help and suggestions

You can also play old DOS Games using DosBox. (Doesn't support protected mode games....so basically any game before 1993 should be fine)

and how can I play Protected Dos Games??

Using winex? or an other emulator?

Quote:
and how can I play Protected Dos Games??
Using winex? or an other emulator?

WineX 3 has the ability to play certain protected CDs built in.