Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PenPointz

Compatible hard-drives to a ASRock K7S41/K7S41GX

I have looked everywhere for any info and can not find a thing. I contacted Western Digital but they said contact ASRock support. So I did, and still coming up empty handed. I only have a 80GB hard-drive in right now, and it's at it's max. So what I wanted to do was keep that one, but also throw in a 120GB and maybe another bigger one. But how do I know which hard drives I can get for my system? I'm sooo lost, any help would be very appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like everyone is playing it safe, but i can understand this to some degree. If you know enough about systems to install a hard drive, then you would not need to ask the question.

What did ASRock support say?

Looking at the product support page for your system, any hard drive that has an IDE (ATA, NOT sata) interface, under 300 gigs, should work, to be safe.

These motherboards can be tricky. Do you know how to install a hard drive?

If not, do you have a computer savy friend that can assist you?

Are you looking to just add storage space, or use another drive to be the main OS holder for the system?

No idea how to install a new one. What I wanna do, is add two 120GB hard-drives for random storage, and keep the 80 GB one strictly for my recording programs.