Compatible Support Forums
loralost

Internet explorer shutsdown

I need some help. my window explorer keeps shutting down on me like every 5 mins or less. what can i do to fix this problem. i have check for virus, spam, every other junk. no clue here. helpppp!

Have you checked your event viewer? To do so, click Start, Run, then type eventvwr. The application log might have something an event detailing the reason.

Also, give us some more information about your scenario: OS, IE version, etc. Have you had any error messages or Microsoft Error Reporting windows pop up when the application shuts down?

the IE version i am using is IE 6 i updated once to IE7 but it made the problem worse. the error messages as follows,

APP NAME:IXPLORE.EXE

APPVER: 6.0.2900.2180

MOD NAME" FLASH9C.OCX

MOD VER: 9.0.45.0

OFFSET 00653B1

INTERNET EXPLORER ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE.

SYSTEM INFO

WINDOWS NT 5.1 BUILD 2600

CPU VENDER CODE: 68747541-69746E65-444D4163

CPU VERSION:00000680

CPU FEATURE: 0383FBFF

do u need more info?

Essentially, he means disable the google toolbar. To be completely honest, the Google toolbar is more of a pain than a helper. I make an effort to either completely uninstall or disable the toolbar because of all the complications which it can cause. After all, how hard is it to just type in "www.google.com"?

Disable the google toolbar by opening your browser, then clicking View, Toolbars, then click Google Toolbar. This will uncheck it, hence disabling it.

A note on Flash: I've run into serveral instances where uninstalling and then reinstalling without a reboot doesn't resolve the issue. I highly recomend rebooting after an uninstall.