Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adeniyin

Ms Windows Network - device not connected

I have setup two domain controllers on separate sites connected via LevelOne routers on a wireless link backbone. I have setup a domain trust between the two servers and am able to authenticate users from either site without any problems. My biggest problem is that i cannot populate the network, under MS windows, of an individual domain(site) from a separate domain(site) and yet it lists it in the available networks. Please advise me on what i may have or is missing in my configurations.

Would you be able to fill us in to some more details?

What OS are you running on the workstations/servers? What are you using to authenticate (AD in Exchange vx.x)? What protocols are you using? Anything else you think would help us to answer your question.

I have setup two domain controllers on separate sites connected via LevelOne routers on a wireless link backbone. I have setup a domain trust between the two servers and am able to authenticate users from either site without any problems. My biggest problem is that i cannot populate the network, under MS windows, of an individual domain(site) from a separate domain(site) and yet it lists it in the available networks. Please advise me on what i may have or is missing in my configurations.

I am running MS Server 2003 Enterprise Edition on both servers. Authentication is thru Active directory on each server. All workstations are running Windows XP professional edition.

I have enabled logging into either domain regardless of site ie. independent of sub net constraints by using AD. I use TCP/IP protocols on my network.