Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kleidi

Win Vista Connection Problem

Hello!

I have a problem with my notebook! My OS is Vista HB. I was connected to a ISP and connection was very good. Yesterday, while i was navigating appear an error. Cannot communicate whith primary DNS . I called my ISP and they told me that is'n anything rong in their configuration and i had not any restiction, no MAC blocked.

With the same connection, i connect from my desktop and everything is OK. When i connect from laptop it cannot communicate with primary dns frown !

I checked firewalls , windows firewall and Norton Internet Security firewall and didn't appear any restriction.I have turned off firewalls to try , but the problem persist.

Can anyone help me, pls?

Thx

Open start, run, cmd.exe and type IPCONFIG /ALL, then let us know what your setup is? How are you connected to internet? Wireless router, wired router, or usb modem or 56k modem?

While in the command prompt, try releasing and renewing your IP.

1. type IPCONFIG /RELEASE

2. type IPCONFIG /RENEW

3. type EXIT

If your issue still ocurrs, then it might be a router configuration problem. Try unplugging everything from your router, including the power cable. After 30 seconds, plug in your router's power cable and wait for the self-test to complete. Then plug your computer's ethernet cable into the router. Afterwards, repeat steps 1-3 above.

You'll need to run the command prompt with Administrator rights before you can use the ipconfig command properly

(right-click the command prompt shotcut in start menu and select Run as Administrator).