3 replies to this topic

#1 Kleidi

Kleidi

stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:14 PM

Hello!

I have a problem with my notebook! My OS is Vista HB. I was connected to a ISP and connection was very good. Yesterday, while i was navigating appear an error. Cannot communicate whith primary DNS . I called my ISP and they told me that is'n anything rong in their configuration and i had not any restiction, no MAC blocked.
With the same connection, i connect from my desktop and everything is OK. When i connect from laptop it cannot communicate with primary dns frown !
I checked firewalls , windows firewall and Norton Internet Security firewall and didn't appear any restriction.I have turned off firewalls to try , but the problem persist.

Can anyone help me, pls?
Thx

#2 peterh

peterh

addict

• Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:11 AM

Open start, run, cmd.exe and type IPCONFIG /ALL, then let us know what your setup is? How are you connected to internet? Wireless router, wired router, or usb modem or 56k modem?

#3 Myke

Myke

enthusiast

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:40 PM

While in the command prompt, try releasing and renewing your IP.

1. type IPCONFIG /RELEASE
2. type IPCONFIG /RENEW
3. type EXIT

If your issue still ocurrs, then it might be a router configuration problem. Try unplugging everything from your router, including the power cable. After 30 seconds, plug in your router's power cable and wait for the self-test to complete. Then plug your computer's ethernet cable into the router. Afterwards, repeat steps 1-3 above.
I swear, troubleshooting is a science: the best discoveries are always on accident...

#4 Wilhelmus

Wilhelmus

old hand

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:46 PM

You'll need to run the command prompt with Administrator rights before you can use the ipconfig command properly
(right-click the command prompt shotcut in start menu and select Run as Administrator).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq