Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thea1mweb

Can't Boot to Safe mode or regular mode..BSOD

Well last night I left my computer on. I came on it in the morning, shut it down and went to school. When I booted it back up and when the logo started to show, a BSOD popped up. It said:

C000021A Fatal System Error

Session Manager etc.

System has been shutdown

So I tried to boot to safe mode and...it didnt work. So i tried to boot to safe mode with networking/command prompt and it didnt work, the same BSOD popped up.

So i tried the option: Restore to settings worked before (something like that)

So when i booted it up, another BSOD came up before the login prompt. Stated:

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area 0x00000050

(more system codes)

So then I tried to boot from CD and tried to recover. It didnt even recognize the hard drive!!!

So i was like F*** it, I decided to select the option to reinstall XP...and you know what....Didnt jrecognize the hard drive.

Its a SATA hard drive 80GB

So I decided to get my other hard drive with xp and connected it to the computer to see if the problem was the RAM or anything else. ..Well XP started up just well with that HD.

So back to my first, broken hard drive. Anyone have any suggetstions about what I should do?

Try hooking you SATA HDD up as a slave. If the machine can then recognize it, then you know it isn't the HDD itself. It might (and I stress "might") be due to RAM. Try migrating any files you want to save over to the HDD that works, then format the SATA HDD.

Afterwards, switch the SATA to be the master HDD and try reinstalling Windows from there.

80GB SATA drive? That's old.

Other SATA drive boots no probs?

I'd be willing to bet a C-Note your HDD is pooched or has a virus.