Compatible Support Forums
CarlB

Microsoft Windows Network Lost (2)

I have seen Ramsey_ElWardani Post: #159293 03/03/05 : He seems to be the only one who has suffered the same as I have now.

Help! Please note that I am not that experienced.

Symptoms:

XP: Suddenly network folders open agonisingly slowly.

Desktop computer and wife's laptop are quite OK but my laptop hopeless.

Cannot add a network place.

Set-up: Wireless Network that is otherwise fine.

Buffalo Link-Station HDD wired to router: When click on option View Shares: message: "The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll". Then "Network can not be found. Confirm network cabling and connection".

Run: \\ip for Link-Station: "The network path was not found."

All shared network folders are listed in My Network Places. All network connections are listed but:

My Network places: Add a network place: etc: Expand Entire Network: No icon for Microsoft Network Services. Where did that go?

Click on View Network Computers: No response, other than the cursor changes to the "hand symbol" for a couple of minutes.

I have uninstalled and re-installed client for MSN services and all of the other network services, to no effect.

Microsoft say OEM so have to pay or go to Toshiba. Toshiba say "Don't do networks".

I have searched the web for "Microsoft Network Services icon gone for a wander": lots of similar results but nothing really the same.

Please, please advise.

PS: maybe not connected, but System Tray icons now change with the weather.

Ramsey about? How did you solve it. (I have no suitable Restore available).

Have you checked your firewall settings ? If settings are

not right, firewalls will block other computers from connecting.