Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Myke

Symantec AntiVirus & ISA Server

I have a Windows 2000 SP4 server with Microsoft ISA Server 2004 installed on it. I've had to manually install the SAV client on the machine, but the server is not receiving the virus definition updates from the server which manages it. We are using Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition v10.1.

I've tried toying with the exclusions setting by opening up the ports which Symantec states are necessary for the application to work, but this has not resulted in success. Currently, I have had to download the XDB file from Symantec's support site and manually update the files, which gets rather annoying. All other servers/clients are receiving the updates.

Does anyone have suggestions or experience in dealing with this? I've searched both Microsoft's and Symantec's support sites, but have not found any resolution to the issue. Thanks in advance.

Here's an upate:

I called Symantec and waited on hold for a good 45 minutes. Unfortunately, I was forced to listen to Yani-type central american music that made me feel like I should be engaging in a halucenatory sun god ritual. When I finally go through, Symantec firmly stated that they could not help me because the issue was only with the ISA 2004 software and not theirs.

TCP port 2967 is the only port that needs to be open for communication between the parent server and managed client. I have it open for bidirectional communication at that port, but still nothing happens.

So this issue only deals with configuring the ISA policies. Since I'm a bit inexperienced with ISA configuration, I need some help here. Any ideas?