Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
madvic

motherboard probs

i have an asrock p4i45gv motherboard and just got an ATI Radeon 9800 graphics card with 256Mb of RAM and agp8x but i am having trouble installing and using properly. can anyone help???

my problem is that the motherboard does not detect it properly. it detects it as an SIS 315e card and will not let me install the proper drivers.

i did uninstall it though.

First, let's clarify what you have. I assume that this is the version 5.0 motherboard model, since you have AGI.

Did you assure that the video card is supported by the motherboard? From the users manual;

Quote:
The AGI [ASRock Graphics Interface] slot is a special design that only

supports compatible AGP VGA cards. For the information of the compatible

AGP VGA cards, please refer to the “Supported AGP VGA Cards List”

on page 8.

The list of supported cards is here.

If so, then did you change the bios to turn off the onboard graphics chip and make AGI the primary video interface?

yeah its V5.0 yeah it should be compatible and i have gone through that stuff in the BIOS

Well, should be and is are two different things. What make and model video card is it?

Did you attempt to uninstall the onboard drivers, as suggested by American Zombie, via Windows safe mode, before installing the new card?

When the computer starts to boot, does it show the information for the onboard adapter, or the ATI card?

make and model are at the top but is upgraded to 256mb. it shows information on the ati card but havent tried uninstalling the onboard before installing the cards drivers.