Compatible Support Forums
sepher

Radeon X850 Cannot start device (Code 10)

I get the above error message in device manager when trying to install the driver for my radeon x850. I uninstall the driver in device manager and restart. After restarting i check device manager and it shows the same message. I installed the device drivers from the factory cd aswell as downloaded the latest drivers from the website to noavail. I decided to cut my losses and go for a complete reformat and tried it again....the same results. Ive done a lil work and found this http://www.hauppauge.com/html/winxp_driver_data_invalid.doc Im going to try it and let you all know if it works I hope that its that simple.

Specs:

Radeon x850 256MB

2.8g p4 with hyperthreading

1g (2 512MB)

450w Powersupply

P4800 SE motherboard

Now that I look at it and think about it this problem didnt start happening untill i installed the latest stick of ram that is in my system. Im going to play around with the combinations of the ram. Does anyone know if ram and the agp irq can conflict or if ram even has an irq x.x ive never had to dive this deep to fix a problem before.

A faulty stick of memory could be causing issues like this but also random BSOD's and/or freezing/lockups would be occuring as well.

Well I fixed it =P. I had a ton of devices connected to the same molex and one of those devices was my video card. I gave my video card a direct connection to the power supply and it works x.x i guess it wasnt getting enough power through the many items i had connected through the same molex.

There you go, I was wondering about power and you have resolved this yourself too wink