Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
new2this

Serious Help with router

Ok anyone daring to answer this question I truly thank you and sorry for disturbing you, ofcourse I am 100% noob to linux, and yes even crazier I've never used a router before I've done many other jerry-rig's to distribute my network of cable modem. Ok here is a simple question, I know I have to configure the router before I can try to setup and configure my connection with the cable modem *simple enough* now I'm not by any means a guru in networking, and right now I'm working on my A+ before I get my N+, so if you could bare with me that would be great, questions is simple, where in the world do I start trying to configure this thing....sorry...it's a linksys BEFSR41 if that helps, and i'm going to be networking red hat 8.0 with windows 2000 pro *tried xp and it bites royally* thanks for your help, if you want to email me instead it's jlaudio10@hotmail.com

If i'm asking alot I understand maybe perhaps a good tutorial site so I don't waste your time and read for myself....I'm willing to give linux a chance especially after discovering that xp actually installs worms with the system *growls* if microsoft seeks as low as to do this linux may be my future home with no windows programs