Compatible Support Forums
Durt

OpenGL and Vista

When I start up Quake 3, I get...

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

When I start up Quake 4, I get a hard stop (BSOD).

I am using Vista Home Premium. The video card is an ATi X1550. I have installed Catalyst 7.2 drivers. The mainboard has an nforce 410 south bridge and a gforce 6100 north bridge. I have loaded the 15.00 drivers for the nforce 410.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Catalyst 7.1 and 7.2 should have the openGL drivers installed.

Load up the Catalyst Control Centre, expand Information centre and click on Graphics Software and it should display the OpenGL version.

The OpenGL version is 6.14.10.0681. The driver is there, the game doesn't seem to be "hooking" into it. Or Vista doesn't know where the driver is. Just guessing.

I installed Vista without the X1550 card installed. The install was done using the integrated graphics. Could that have messed things up?

You need to disable the integrated graphics, maybe the game is using the integrated graphics rather than the X1550!

HI I am runnin Vista Home Premuim and I have issue with City Of Heroes and City of Villains. The reason I posted is that I know these MMOs use OPEN GL ...

I am running 3.0 Ghz processor

ATI x1300 512 mg

Have ATI Drivers 7.3 installed

1 gig of RAM

and over 300 gig hd space..

I can't get the game to load up past the "loading" splash screen...

Also I am having issues with Sims Makin Magic..

My main question is how do you disable the Integated graphics??

and I wanted to point out till ati 7.3, I was running better graphics with the Vista integrated ones..

If anyone can help I would appreciate it..

thanks

Ember

Usually when a game cannot load past a splash screen it's a copy protection issues but since COH/COV is an online game I guess this isn't the case? (I've never played them)

I do know for sure that the Sims uses copy protection but I haven't tried the game under Vista yet.