Compatible Support Forums
Karrobo

Need Help! Not sure what I have!

Hi. I think I've picked up a virus or something (my computer not me!) I'll be scrolling or typing and the screen will freeze up to a minute or so and then unfreeze. It's happening every few minutes now and even when I'm not online. I've run all of my anivirus and spyware programs and have cleared all detected problems. It's really annoying because it takes forever to finish writing letters (like this message) What else can I do to find out what the problem is? Can anyone suggest anything? I'm not a techi, but I do follow directions ok. Thanks.

Karrobo2

What you need to do is run Task Manager and then see which process is gobbling up the CPU time. Task Manager can be run by pressing Ctrl+ALt+Del or right click the Task bar at the bottom of the screen and select Task Manager from the Pop up menu. Then you can locate the program file on C: and look at the properties of it.

It could be a virus, or a background program or a scheduled task or anything!

Let us know what you find out.

I have no clue what virus I have. I've tried every virus and anti-spyware available and I have nothing. My search doesn't work, help and support doesn't work, restore just shows a blank screen, and every now and then (okay, maybe every twenty seconds) a stupid thing will come up telling me that explorer needs to shut down because of a virus. What do I do when I can't find one?

Hi

If nothing is working with you- no antivirus, spy ware, ad ware etc. then you can format your PC, but be cautious to backup your data on an external medium like cd-dvd, otherwise you would be running about to get solutions to recover data from the formatted partitions.

Sometimes there are hidden virus or spy ware which are not traced by anti virus softwares, but they keep spoiling our PC. These come with free sites from where you download any software or music of kind.

I am suggetsing to format because nothing is working with you and i have faced this situation twice and the best solution which i could figure out was formatting (backing up data first).

Hope this proves helpful!!

----------

Data recovery software solutions for every data recovery need!

http://www.nucleustechnologies.com