Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janfebmar

Router Routing (switching)

Hey

Well I dont have any problems setting up an advanced LAN, but i have some routers which refuses to work together.

I would have used a switch instead, but i cant, så i have to use one router, disable the first DHCP server in router nr and retrieve ips from the second router.

The problem is this that the first and second router refuses to co-excist, and instead of release/renew on the clients all that happens is that the router nr.1 gets renewed, which ofcourse is against my will and will limit my connections.

Is there a way to disable the routing function all together?

For example, if i set up 1 WiFi router access point (only allowing MAC from router nr1 and its IP+pass), which router nr 1 is locket up too, from there i will use ethernet cables to other clients (routers/pcs). but routers connected to nr1 have serious co-excist problems.

Makes me mad, any clever work arounds?

Best Regards

Eirik

If the destination network matches a network to which the router is attached, the router forwards the packet to the destination host by addressing the packet to the destination host's physical address. The router performs a direct delivery to the destination.Conversely, if the destination network is not directly attached, the router forwards the packet to an intermediate router. The intermediate router chosen is based on the forwarding address of the optimal route in the routing table. The router forwards the packet by addressing the packet to the intermediate router's physical address. The router performs an indirect delivery to the next router in the path to the destination.Web vulnerability scanning