Compatible Support Forums
costin_outlaw

i cant install windows xp

Loc: romania when i try to install the windows xp ,works untill the system copy the windows files at 56% or 57%.and then cannot copy the rest of the files.if i ignore the files it appear an error on the blue background, something about the video adapter.i changed the cd but ,still not working.what can i do ? if i reset the bios may fix this problems ?

The blue screen you are experiencing is very bad and is known as the blue screen of death. Try to get it to happen again and write down the exact message. This will help to figure out what is really going on here. It could be caused due to an incompatability issue between Windows XP and your hardware, based on what you have said so far.

Again, make sure that you write down the entire message. It is important that you include the hexidecimal code that it displays. For example: 0x7c91888f, 0x0109ee74, etc. This information will help to determine what in particular is failing here.

Also if XP cannot copy files while it's installing it means that you either have a bad/dirty CD or CDROM drive or that your computer has bad memory.

i receive the error with the code 0x00000050 on the blue background when i try to install the windows xp.i try to reset the bios a couple of seconds.what can i do ?