Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Simsaddict

Sims2 crashes...dont know what else 2do

Hey im new here and really hope that someone can help me. I dont know what else I can do. I installed sims2, restarted my laptop opened the game and while it loads it crashes (dont get the chance to play it)

For days I read through posts of similar problems and I reinstalled it, installed directx 9.0, updated the drivers, tried the code thingy -w and -nosound

SYSTEM

Product . . . . . . . . . . HP Compaq nc6000

Processor Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.70GHz at 1.700GHz

Total Memory . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 512 Megabytes

Windows Version . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . XP SP2

GRAPHICS

Chip Type . . . . . . MOBILITY RADEON 9600 Series AGP (0x4E50)

BIOS String . . . . . BK-ATI VER008.011.002.008

Adapter String . . . . ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600 Series (0x4E50)

Dac Type . . . . . . . Internal DAC(400MHz)

Adapter Type . . . . . ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600 Series

Memory . . . . . . . . 32 Megabytes

Monitor Name . . . . . Default Monitor

Monitor Name . . . . . Default Monitor

SOUND

SoundMAX Digital Audio

I dont know what else is I should post.please let me know.

I also check on the background processes but I am not sure what I can close and what should better stay.

D

cry

Please help. Thx in advance

10-processes_thumb.JPG

When does it "crash"? and what is this "crash" exactly?

Does it try to load the game (a spinning disc appears and then disappears?) and then just doesn't do anything? or does it actually load the game and while loading exits out?

i load the game once i get passed all movie sequences it moves onto the loading area where you get the sims 2 image and the green bar starts to load. thats when it crashes it says that the application has crashes and will now be terminated. the image i have added is what i get... have you any idea how to solve this? thanks

11-appcrashed_thumb.JPG

PLease help me out here what will i do everytime I install my Sims 2 when it was turn for disc 2 just about 43% it stops any a message appears that say error occuring rsdata/Sim10.packages what this mean?? what should i do now?? PLEASE help im eager to play my sims.

Originally Posted By: AngeLy
PLease help me out here what will i do everytime I install my Sims 2 when it was turn for disc 2 just about 43% it stops any a message appears that say error occuring rsdata/Sim10.packages what this mean?? what should i do now?? PLEASE help im eager to play my sims.

This happened to me and it worked fine when I closed the little game when setup starts.

I would advice you to go to the Sims 2 official forum and ask there, the game modurators there are certain to have a better technical experience on Sims 2 problems than here :P