Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
packman

Anyone using Intellipoint mouse software?

I'd like some feedback from anyone who's using a Microsoft mouse that employs Intellipoint software newer than v4.1.

It seems that, since Intellipoint v.4.1, Microsoft have released several alternative versions - 5.1, 5.2, 6.0, etc. But what I'm needing to know is whether any of these more recent versions include a feature for setting the ACCELERATION of the mouse pointer, AS WELL AS the speed of the pointer.

I use a MS Optical Mouse Blue (corded) and have just changed from using Win2K to WinXP but am sorely disappointed that, under WinXP, the ACCELERATION feature is unavailable, rendering the movement of the pointer, even when set at maximum speed, sluggish and reminiscent of the old ball-type mouse. It beggars belief as to why MS have done this.

I'm therefore looking for a version of Intellipoint software that I can download from somewhere on MS's site where the Acceleration feature, under WinXP, has been restored.

Sorry no, I use Microsoft Keyboards and Logitech Mice and I don't even use the Logitech software as I have a KVM switchbox.

Other then looking in the Mouse Control Panel Applet, I can't see any other place to adjust the acceleration settings.

What I meant by my posting is whether anyone was using a newer version of Intellipoint under WinXP. If so, they could look in the Pointer Settings and tell me whether there's an acceleration feature there. Microsoft have produced several revisions of the Intellipoint software since v4.1, so I'll need to make certain that any replacement version that I'll use will have that.

I'm using intellipoint for my mouse. As soon as I can get to my own PC i'll post here and tell you.