Compatible Support Forums
emperor_567

Call of duty opengl problem

I cant run call of duty because of a opengl problem on windows 98SE. First it said that i need a compatiable video driver so i installed one. Then afterwards a message saying "Could not openGL. make sure that you have the latest drivers for your video card from the manufacture's website" but it didn't work. Pleaseeee help me. This is my present and really anxious to play it.

how do I find out that? I once installed a game and found out that on the cd it had something called "Indeo Video 5 Installer" So I installed that and then the message saying "Could not load opengl". Is that my display driver?

It sounds like a video codec to play certain types of AVI files.

Run DxDiag.exe and look on the Display tab to see what gfx card you have.

I think that this is it. I opened dxdiag, clicked on display and at the top it said "Name: Intel®82810E Graphics controller.

Not a new driver, a new Graphics Card. The Intel 82810 card is basically too slow to run CoD, get a ATI or Nvidea card.

I'm going to guess that Natedude's machine is the much older Socket 370/P3 motherboard without even an AGP slot as it uses the IGP 810 series chipset.

He may or may not have any free PCI slots as well due to most likely having a micro-ATX motherboard.

So I would recommend checking inside your machine first Nate and verify if you have a single PCI slot available or not.

If so then you will want to look for a PCI card, not an AGP or PCI Express as these will not work.

O.K. First of all: Do graphics cards cost? Or are they free to download? Second of all: How would i check inside my machine? Would i need to take it in to a computer store? Lastly: What is a PCI slot?

Take your computer to a computer store.

No a SiS graphics card is not acceptable.