Compatible Support Forums
zillah

Domain Controller and this scenario

At work ,we have got around 30 servers they were joined domain.

From my laptop at work (within our LAN) I can access any one of these servers by using administrator account and password for the Domain Controller (username: dcadmin password : niceforum) .

Suppose I have got these servers called :

1- comback (username : back, password :back123),

2- comexch (username : exch , password :exch123)

3- comdbase (username : dbase, password :dbase123)

4- compay (username : pay, password : pay123),, etc

Shouldn't I be able to access any one of those server as stand alone ?

( i.e for instance if I want to access this server comeback, I have to type: username: back, password :back123 )

Please do not submit passwords on the internet. I would change them as soon as possible!!!!

Ideally, your laptop should be configured on DHCP on the LAN, to access it you can either use Terminal Services Client or RDP client or just map a drive to a share on the server and a login dialog box should appear to access it.

Yep, you could use the local accounts to act as a local user. Cruising around as a domain admin all the time isn't the best way to do business anyway. If you're logged on as a domain admin, or using a local account with the same name and password of one that exists on the destination box, then you will be transparently passed through if the account has access to the resource.

An ideal situation would be to use Group Policy to push a domain local group into the local admins group of each system, and to use an account from that group (but that is probably a bit beyond scope for this).