Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
painkiller0000

Don't know how to use Virtual PC!

I recently installed Virtual PC 2004 on my computer and then created a Windows 95 virtual machine on it. I then went to the console and opened the Windows 95 virtual machine and I got this window that says

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device"

What does this mean? All I am trying to do is install a game in this emulated Windows 95 and run it on the emulated Windows 95. How the hell do I do this with this with this window that Virtual PC gives me?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated, as I am completely lost and confused.

You'll need to 'capture' the physical CD/DVD drive where the Win95 CD is located. Look from the virtual machine's menus when you have started it and it stops on "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" message. Capture the drive and then restart the virtual machine.

I don't remember the exact words on the menu but it's there.

I'll try to install the VPC and look for the correct command.

It should be in CD menu.

Thanks! I actually didn't realize that I needed the Windows 95 cd; I had the impression that Virtual PC could emulate operating systems without having to install the actual operating system on Virtual PC.

Now I just need to get Windows 95 somehow... does anyone know where I can find a copy? (Hopefully cheaply)

Once again, your help is appreciated.

Thanks guys! I can't believe someone is still selling Windows 98. Oh, and by the way I found out that some people are selling Windows 95 on e-bay, just in case anyone is interested.

hey ive got a windows 95 cd spare that im sure i dont need as ive got windows 98 and me disk which i am currently using. Any body interested?