Compatible Support Forums
j_a_rasheed

Problem with Configuration of Outlook Express

Hi,

I am using outlook Express 6.0 for checking my emails which are found on the server xxx.yyy.mu

The entry in Tools/Account/Mail/Properties/Servers/Incoming Mail (POP3) is xxx.yyy.mu

The entry in Tools/Account/Mail/Properties/Servers/Outgoing Mail (SMTP) is xxx.yyy.mu (same as above)

Until last week everything was working fine. My Pc is connected to the Remote Mail Server on a LAN via a router.

Then I started getting - The host xxx.yyy.mu could not be found ..... - This problem is also happening on some other sites but not all sites.

Now I have replaced the settings in Incoming Mail and Outgoing Mail with the IP Address of the Remote Mail server and now everything is working fine.

Can I know why the initial setting suddenly start creating problems? I suppose there is a problem of name resolution. Pl help. Thanks

[NB: The name of the server has been replaced by xxx.yyy.mu in this post]

Rasheed

How are you connected to the internet? 56K modem, ISDN, ASL?

If connecting via ADSL, then check that the router is picking up the ISP's DNS servers (if done auto), otherwise check that the ISP's DNS IP addresses are upto date (they can change!!!) by visiting their website.