Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Always_Breathless

hard drive space ? ? ?

Me again. The friend with the computer from the depths is back. The reason for the recovery she did was someone else had done something to her computer. . .he installed WinXP and a second hard drive, (I know this is a soap) but shortly after he started threatening her and said he done something on her computer where he could spy from another location (I know he is a wacko) anyway that is why she did the recovery. She did everything and now it is up and on line again, but . . .she had to take out that second hard drive. Can she clear that card off too and then reuse it ? He had some sort of code on it that she could not access to get information. (again a soap and am relaying a message) (please don't shoot the mediator) Thank you I appreciate it.

Breathless

Use some sort of disk wipe tool to remove everything from that second drive.

First off, lemme say the guy is most likely full of shit.

Secondly, I doubt he has any program installed on that second HDD to watch her computer, that would be easily detectable with just about any firewall out there.

Thirdly, all she has to do is boot up with her XP CD, and then format the HDD. Hell, she doesn't need the XP CD, just download a bootdisk from bootdisk.com, and wipe the HDD.

Last, but not least, the guy is probably a foching moron, and enabled remote assistance on her XP installation, and being nothing more than a dork, he figures he can say he's a hacker.

The dork doesn't even rate "script kiddie" status, I piss in his Corn Flakes. laugh