Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yankee

Strange sound problem HP Pavilion DV6013EA Laptop

Hello all,

I am having a strange sound problem on a HP Pavilion DV6013EA.

While using Windows XP no sound comes from the laptops speakers, however sound does come from a pair of headphones.

While using Puppy Linux sound comes from the laptops speakers, but not from the headphones.

I have updated the sound card drivers and the problen still persists.

This problem has me confused.

Anyone have any ideas?

Post anything that comes to mind no matter how crazy it might be.

Thanks

Chris

Do you mean the exact same issue as Yankee, on the first post, with the exact same system and operating systems, or that sound does not work with either the headphones or through the speakers?

Please be specific, so someone can help.

Did you try looking at the sound settings to see if the volume is turned up for all sound devices?

i have the exact same laptop, with windows xp pro. Sound comes only through headphones, not through speakers anymore. I've had the problem before, but it somehow fixed itself. But now the problem is persistent. I haven't tried linux, but i have tried sound-card-driver-update (with zero result)...

if someone knows how to solve this (without opening the laptop myself) i'd be very gratefull. But i think its something in the cabling, and the only solution is bringing the laptop back...

and yes, i have tried every setting i can find that comes near sound-settings....

it happend like this: i was working on laptop with headphones at my work, and when i unplugged them the sound was gone. No changing of any settings went ahead of this behaviour.

thx for the link, but the problem remains. Still no sound through speakers, only through headphones....