Compatible Support Forums
funkyfem

Call of Duty error message

Hi everyone. I have installed Call of Duty, but when I try to play it, it comes up with the following error message :

'Could not load OpenGL. Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your video card from the manufacturer's web site.'

It would be greatly appreciated if someone would be able to help me in solving this problem.

Thanks

Maybe, if you would give the name of your video card, we could help. My intuition is that you have onboard video.

Right click on My Computer, choose Properties from the drop down menu. Click on the Hardware tab then click on the Device Manager Button. When the window comes up, click on the + next to Display Adapters. This will give you the name of the card and you can explore further to find the version of the drivers you are using.

Hiya.

Thanks, my driver is SiS 661FX_760_741_M661FX_M760_M741.

I have updated drivers and it says that it is already updated to the lastest. So I don't know where I am going wrong?

ok, thanks.

So would I have to go to a computer shop to get that, or can I jsut download it from the NVIDIA website?

funkyfem, the video you are using is probably onboard, meaning that it is part of your motherboard's chipset. DosFreak is giving you the advice that you will need to disable your onboard video and install a completely new card in order to run the game. Since, it seems, you are unfamiliar with this process, you may need to take it to a computer dealer that you trust and have them install the card. What you may want to do, at this point, is find out what the name and number of your motherboard (speed of your processor and how much memory you are running) is and post it here. Let some of the people on the board then make suggestions as to what video card would be compatible with your motherboard. Then, you can look up these suggestions on the web to see what the costs are. At least then when you take it in, you will have a better idea what you want and roughly what it costs.