Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hoyle00cdn

error running Fast Food Tycoon 2

When i try run the game it always immediately crashes with an error message that says

"data.ovl has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Game: Fast Food Tycoon 2

System Requirements: Windows 95/98/ME, Pentium II 266 MHz, Direct X 8 Compatible Video Card w/2MB and 16-Bit Direct X 8 Compatible Sound Card, 600MB hard drive space

*My Computer*

Operating system: XP

Pent 4

Direct X 9.0

*I have more then enough ram, hardrive place and my video card is Radeon x1300 pro.

I've searched the net for FAQs to help solve the problem, but have turned up empty. The game is relatively old (2001) so finding current support sites is difficult. I'm wondering if it just isn't possible to run this game on XP. I tried adjusting the compatibility modes in the exe properties to win95/98 but nothing worked. I remember running the game on my same computer back in 2001, but back then I was running a dual operating system with both XP and Win98. I'm not entirely sure which operating system i ran the game off of, it quite possibly could have been Win98.

I just found out it works on XP, so there must be something else with my computer that is causing the data.ovl file to mess up.

Is your video card driver problem, Try reinstall the video card driver again!~

I would play again this old game,facing the problem,so I guess it will be my video card driver problem.

U go search the ATI Radeon driver from internet,I am sure your game will be going on.

Good luck!~^^