Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sk

Can Gforce & Matrox Millennium coexiste under win2k

Yesterday I bourght a Asus Gforce with DDR ram as repacement for my "not fast enough" Millennium-Voodoo 2 SLI combination. Man, what a disappointment the 2D res was (I run 1600x1200 small font on a Viewsonic P815) but Quake 3 was as expected great.

So what I want some help with is; running the still, surprisingly, supperior 4 year old Millennium for 2D and the G-force for 3D.

Was I a nut not buying a Matrox G400 Max instead of the G-force - I mean is the Max fast enough?

Any throughts would be appreciated

Louis

unless your doing dual monitor, no theres no way I know of that you can do that. Unless of course you have cable that will go from 2 video outputs to one monitor input. The 2d on your geforce should be quite good....are you using any pass through cables? Like do you still have your voodoo2's installed?.....if so get rid of the passthrough cable(basically get rid of the voodoo2's) and you should notice better 2d quality.

------------------

§E£DZÅR

http://www.win2knews.com

Seldazar,

the v2's are no longer in the machine. The monitor has dual input, so the Millennium connects to the VGA port and the Gforce to the BNC's.

I have gotten things to work under win2k. I can select the display adapter that I want in the display settings and then change input on the monitor. And thats fine with me, it is the way I use to live with the V2's.

So my only remaining problem is that no, so far is able to select the Gforce as adapter - cool try playing Q3 on a videocard with vitally no 3d instructions!

Thanks for your reply, btw

Louis