Compatible Support Forums
yapjoseph

intel dp965lt board...audio/sound problem

i got a new pc. with an intel dp965lt motherboard which has integrated Audio. My problem is inconsistent. Sometimes when i start my computer and after logging in Windows, the program INTEL AUDIO STUDIO CONTROLLER flags me an error saying...

"Sonic Focus drivers must be loaded for this application to work."

The result is i don't have sound. Device manager also flag any hardware that is not working correctly. Seems like the sound card did not exist at all. I have to restart the computer several times before it works.

What should i do? I already upgraded my motherboards bios and have installed an updated version of the Intel Audio Studio from the intel website.

I just read the articles you have linked and it doesn't point to the same motherboard i have. I am using a DP965LT. The articles were issues on the 945 and 955 chipset boards for Intel Audio Studio.

Im using Windows XP Professional.

OK, well this was a direct link from the DP965LT web page located here. So the intent was to offer some common audio problems and solutions.

Assuming that you don't have the 64 bit version of Windows, did you install the Audio: Sigmatel 9220/9221/9223 [5.10.5143_XP32_XP64_MCE_V1.EXE] audio driver?

Reference

The technical specifications say you have a 9227 audio chipset and the regular Sonic support on the Intel site does not mention your motherboard, but all references point there....Hmm..