Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
usafdon

My Canon i560 Printer will not "Power Up".

I always seem to have bad "printer Luck" after the 1 year warranty is up. My Canon i560 printer was humming along OK until I tried turning it on last week., "No Nothing", No power light, completely dead. So I unbuckled the "slide in Power pack" and checked the 3amp fuse, it was fine, passing 115v AC to the Power Supply circuits, checked the DC Diodes..measured 12.5V DC and other DC voltages necessary to operate Printer, but I have no schematic, no idea what logic or otherwise is required to verify that the Power Pack is indeed functioning OK. So what do I do, yep, throw another Printer in the junk pile! Any ideas anybody?

Hi usafdon,

Wish I could help but it turns out my i560 just quit yesterday as well. Did you have any luck or did you just have to junk it?

I tried to pull out the slide in Power pack but I couldn't figure it out. Is there a trick to it?

The pack wiggles around and there looks to be a couple of tabs that look like if you push them it might release it.

I didn't want to force it because it might break.

BTW, when I was fighting with it and finally gave up, I plugged it back in and it powered up!!

It powered up again this morning but when I looked at it a few minutes later it was dead again.

Would this suggest that the power pack is overheating?

Could it be replaced and would it be worthwhile?

Thanks,

Hello,

Just reporting that I'm having the same problem here and it did the same thing to me. It stop powering up and then it powered up again and then it quit.

Any update would be greatly appreciated...

sadjetivo@yahoo.com