Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zenarcher

FC% Kernel Update Lost eth0

Fedora Core 5 just had a kernel update to 2.6.18-1.2200.fc5. Following the update, I rebooted the system and get an eth0 error. During the boot, the system faults at "determining IP information for eth0." Following a long delay and pinging, it displays 100% packet loss...then continues through the boot process. I have no eth0 connection. When I reboot, back to the previous kernel, all works fine. I'm using an the ethernet port on my MSI K8T Neo-V motherboard running to my Linksys router. I've never experienced this kind of issue with other kernel updates on FC5. Anyone else having problems or an idea how to resolve it?

Cheers,

zenarcher

When you boot the new kernel, did you look at the Network Configuration and see what it says about the interface? Does it list it as inactive? Also look and see if it looks like it is configured for the correct eth0 connection for the hardware. I believe this is a realtek lan interface?

I found the problem, danleff. Oddly, the ethernet port on the motherboard died....somehow, just when I rebooted the system. Anyway, the motherboard was under warranty....sent it back to MSI and they replaced it. Problem resolved.

Cheers,

zenarcher