Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BSBMI_ITSUPP

explorer.exe-application error

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002) Click on ok to terminate the application.

After clicking ok, I couldn't see anything except for the screensaver. Have tried Last known good config & safe mode but still no luck. As per user, this happened when she downloaded cursor.

help please!!!

I am not sure what you are saying. Do you mean that you downloaded a new cursor and installed it and after that explorer.exe won't run?

At this point, it is probable that something was written into the registry that is not allowing other programs to be initialized. Personally, I would get out my XP cd and boot from it and have XP attempt to repair your installation or just go ahead and re-install XP altogether.

Or if you can boot into safe mode, run an AVP on it, could have been bit by a virus/malware.

smile Restore your computer to a date earlier than the day when the explorer.exe error started showing. Your files will be safe and free from deletion. I've done this about 5 or 6 times now. I saved all important files that were created after the restore date, just in case - but this saving as backup procedure is not necessary.