Compatible Support Forums
psYchL

Need for Speed 2 SE and WIN XP - NFS2 SE

Hello, I can´t manage that NfS2 SE works on Win Xp.

i always get the error message:

"ingraphics - INITEMMAN REQUIRED BEFORE INTGRAPHICS FILE C:\nfs2se\game\3rash\initgrt.c LINE 44"

If i want to run it with an glide wrapper because i haven´t a 3dfx card.

My System:

Core 2 Duo 4600

2GB Kingston DDR2

Radeon X1900 GT

Please help me.

Regards Flo

Hello!

Few days ago I struggled with that problem for a few hours (I found nothing helpful at the other forums or sites) but finally I resolved it smile

The problem appears because you have too much memory, and the game doesn't recognize it properly (I have 2GB of memory too). Making NFS2SE working is rather long process, are you sure you want to do this? wink

First install the game. You wrote you wanted to use glide wrapper. I used dgvoodoo 1.50beta and it worked fine so you can try it too - unzip all dgvoodoo files into NFS2SE folder. You can run dgvoodoosetup.exe to set your settings for dgvoodoo (resolution, bit depth etc.).

Normally I had the same error message as you did, but after long trial and error process I managed to run the game using Microsoft Application Compatibility Tool 4.1 (older versions should work too). I used this program for the first time so maybe there is a simpler way to do it, nevermind.

So download and install Application Compatibility Tool 4.1.

Run Compatibility Administrator from Start Menu.

Go to Custom Database / New Database.

Click 'Fix' button.

Type the name of the game, vendor, and browse to NFS2SEA.EXE file. If it is not in NFS2SE folder on your hard drive yet, then copy it manually from CD.

Click Next, None, Next.

Toggle following positions on:

- CorrectFilePaths

- EmulateGetDiskFreeSpace

- GlobalMemoryStatusLie

Click Next, Finish.

Save your database preferably in game directory.

Now click on NFS2SEA.EXE file in the right panel of Compatibility Administrator. Click Run button. The game should start.

If you want to play it next time you need to run Compatibility Administrator again, load your database, click on NFS2SEA.EXE file and Run button.

I hope it will work for you the same way it works for me now smile Good luck!

You're welcome smile

So, is it working for you well?

With dgvoodoo 1.50beta I have no graphical glitches in this game, I used to have some in 1.40+. Currently I'm playing in 1024x768x32 4xAA on Nvidia 6600GT. smile

I tried this, and used \windows\system\sdbinst.exe to install the sdb into the registry, but it didn't work. Instead, I have to run multiple instances of a program that allocates 512mb of ram, then goes idle, until you close the program. The program is called w512mb.exe. This program is included, along with a sample batch file, w2048mb.bat, that creates 4 instances of w512mb.exe, which works on my system, and a readme.txt file.

w512mb.zip

Originally Posted By: jeffareid
I tried this, and used \windows\system\sdbinst.exe to install the sdb into the registry, but it didn't work.
Sorry, I have a core 2 cpu. When I go into my systems BIOS and set it to run only one cpu, then NFS2SE runs just fine with the registry settings.

To complete the steps from above, save the .sdb file created by the toolkit. Then open up a folder window, click on tool, folder options, file types, and create a new file type:

.sdb

and associate it with the AppFix & AppHelp Installer by browsing to this program:

\windows\system\sdbinst.exe

Then just open or double click on the sdb file you created in order to run it. I'll be posting an sdb file for both nfs2sen and nfs2sea on my web site in a bit.

Ok, I created two sdb files, one for the standard version of nfs2se, and one for the "3d" version. There's also a readme.txt file that explains how to "install" a .sdb file.

nfs2[censored]p.zip

cool Hi I'm trying to get NFS2 SE networked between two of my machines, which both are running XP.

So far I got a working router and everything I've tried and checked hasn't helped me to get this working. So far I've successfully gotten 1 game to work... well two if you count a 3rd party software.

I'm just hoping anyone may know how to get NFS2 SE to work, or at least suggest some options.

I so want to get this game to run on a network before wednesday, some guys are coming over for a few days and I know this is one old game worth playing on a network.

Later on I will fix up my older computers and hook them up too so then I'll be able to have more than two people playing on my network.

Plus I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried running NFS2SE over Hamachi. If they have tried I'd like to join in once my high speed lines are built...

Thanks, I will appriciate every bit of help anyone gives.

I kinda followed this solution, but i never downloaded the compatibility program. Instead i just copied the nfs2sea.exe file from the CD to the folder and put it in win95 compatibility mode. It lets the game open fine, but it lags when i actually race. Basically everything takes 2x as long because it pauses for about 1/10th of a second every 1/5th of a second. Anyone know of an easy fix for this?? Thx

So download and install Application Compatibility Tool 4.1.

Run Compatibility Administrator from Start Menu.

Go to Custom Database / New Database.

Click 'Fix' button.

Type the name of the game, vendor, and browse to NFS2SEA.EXE file. If it is not in NFS2SE folder on your hard drive yet, then copy it manually from CD.

Click Next, None, Next.

Toggle following positions on:

- CorrectFilePaths

- EmulateGetDiskFreeSpace

- GlobalMemoryStatusLie

Click Next, Finish.

Save your database preferably in game directory.

Now click on NFS2SEA.EXE file in the right panel of Compatibility Administrator. Click Run button. The game should start.

How do you 'save' the database? When i press run, nothing happens.

Hey! I am struggling with this new way to run NFS 2 SE on Windows XP. I am using Application Compatibility Tool 5.0 instead of 4.1 (couldn't find a link for 4.1). I followed all the steps, and wallah! The game goes in and launches. But the problem comes here - when I click on race, the screen goes black for a few secs, shows the picture and the name of the car I'm riding for 10-20 secs, and then the screen turns black for a long time. After a long time, Windows gives me an error message about the game not responding. The only way to get out of the program is by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del and ending the task. Please help! I am running an Intel Celeron D, 2GB DDR2 ram and an Nvidia 7300GT. Thanx, I would appreciate any help.

In addition to the Application Compatibility Toolkit fixes described above, I've also added SingleProcAffinity which seemed to fix the problems I was having with my AMD dual-core. YMMV.

Hi guys. Thank you for all the information in this thread so far. It has helped me to run the game on Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3). The game loads fine normally and with 3DFX. The main menus run smooth, but when I get into an actual race the frame rate drops and it stutters a lot, making it unplayable. I have an AMD Phenom Quad Core @ 2.21 GHz with 3GB Ram, and a GeForce 9500 GT.