Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ajkannan83

Hardware

Hello Sir,

I am using Acer Machine D Processor 2.8 Ghz.

I am using Windows 2000 Professional.

All the Drivers (Sound, Display et...) are loaded properly.

But the ethernet card driver is not working.

I want to download network card driver. but i dont know the name of network card(Onboard).

Whether any software is available to see what network card is used.

Please reply.

Thank You

if you know the model name of your acer machine then i would suggest going to their website and searching for the model. unless you have a modified machine they should show you what model network card it is and also point you in the right direction for drivers.

Personally, since network cards are so inexpensive, you will probably be better off purchasing a new card with its drivers. Many motherboards have their network cards built in and you can then disconnect that network card and use your new one. Why go this route? First, you won't have to lose anymore time. Second, and this is something worth thinking about - with the network cards today being attached to modems that are cable or dsl, your machine is more open to electrical surges, particularly from lightning storms. There is no certitude that a surge will stop at the network card and not enter the machine further, but it is a layer. When your network card is onboard, one less layer. Again, with surges there is not guarantee, but I have had it happen to me several times, and only had to replace the network card to bring the machine up again. On the other hand, I've had to replace the motherboard and hard drive. Just a suggestion.