Compatible Support Forums
CrazyBrad

Microsoft Golf 1999

Trying to run MS GOLF'99 in Windows XP Pro and getting error message: MSGolf'99 Requires at least 32 MB of free virtual memory to run. Anyone have a fix?

Try lowering your pagefile to a low value like 10mb min/max. I can't remember what the max you can set the pagefile to, to get rid of this error but setting to 10/10 should work and then you can play with it from there.

I had the same issue, I tried everything I know but still no fix. Did you figure it out, or hear anything on the topic? I would appreciate a response to buzzard_11@hotmail.com

Thanks man!

Trying to run MS GOLF'99 in Windows XP and getting error message: MSGolf'99 Requires at least 32 MB of free virtual memory to run. Anyone have a fix? added more memory and thats when it happen

Reduce your pagefile as noticed above or run the game in VPC/Vmware using Windows 98.

Originally Posted By: DosFreak
Try lowering your pagefile to a low value like 10mb min/max. I can't remember what the max you can set the pagefile to, to get rid of this error but setting to 10/10 should work and then you can play with it from there.

I have tried this suggestion, setting page file/virtual memory settings min/max to 10MB and I still get the same error.

I have the game working without a hitch on two other XP systems on my bench, a PIII and a Core2Duo and have in the past even had it working on this system as well, a P4.

As a matter of fact XP is the only OS I have ever had the game running under and never have I ran into this issue before. I even went so far as to reformat and reload XP from scratch on this P4 sytem in an attempt to resolve the issue, but no luck.

There has to be something simple that is being over looked to rectify the error.

Maybe this question would be better suited under "games"?