Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bosteph

Studio365 Live application Eroor

Hi,

I have a problem with Studio365 Live 2.3.

No problem downloading software,which puts two icons on my desktop.

One is Studio365 Live 2.3

The other is Studio365 Live 2.3 Archiver.(this clicks and loads okay)

When I click on the Studio365 Live 2.3

I get an Application Error.............

Error signatur

AppName:live2.exe AppVer:1.0.0.1 ModName:Live2.exe ModVer: 1.0.0.1 offset:000185a6

Any help with a possible solution would be much appreciated

Stephan

Thanks for the response,much appreciated.

I do not know that much about computers so could you explain what you mean by copying autoexec.nt & config.nt files from C:\Windows\Repair to C:\Windows\System32.

Thanks

What Wilhelmus means is that two files autoexec.nt and config.nt are configuration files, which some programs modify when they install something on your machine. Sometimes they get corrupted.

The designation C:\ is what stands for your hard drive. The \ and what follows is a subdirectory (a folder) in which files are are stored. So, C:\Windows\Repair is the name of a subdirectory under the \Windows directory on your machine that contains the two files autoexec.nt and config.nt that store the original contents of those files in case the files by exactly the same name get corrupted in the subdirectory System32 in the \Windows directory.

Rather than repairing the files in the System32 subdirectory, Wilhelmus is telling you just to copy these files from the Repair folder to the System32 folder. You can use Windows Explorer to do this or you can do it from a command prompt.

To do so from the command Prompt just type:

copy C:\Windows\Repair\autoexec.nt C:\Windows\System32 (Then hit Enter)

Do the same for config.nt:

copy C:\Windows\Repair\config.nt C:\Windows\System32 (Then hit Enter)

I have to thank both of you for your excellent information and explainations. I can tell you that I did try what you said and,am pleased to say it has cured the problem....thanks very much both

Stephan