Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
xfrat

Where is outlook express?

How do u expect me or anyone to send mail? Where is outlook express? Is it called linux express? if so, i dont see it. Do i buy it? how much?

please help me. I need mail. I want to mail me friend but i cant. If linux = no mail, then i will go back to my windows 98 where outlook express is free.

Thank u kind sirs.

Linux rules if it has outlook express to mail my friend.

I need to email friends. Please reply. Why are you not making reply? Help.

Thank you

There are about 500 or so...

For the very basic there plain old "mail" very difficult for UNIX newbie.

Pine, is a very good mail client for text mode.

For KDE there is K-Mail.

For GNOME/Ximian there is Evolution.

These are only 4 of the many e-mail solutions available for "free".

And BTW, this is a Volunteer site for answering questions. Your impatience has really gotten you no-where. As this was the first today I was able to even browse the Internet. Yet, I still gave you the answer, even though you were very rude.

Remember the GOOGLE is your friend...

my name is now inactive. i broke rule no? im sorry.

but i still need help!!!

like request i install evoluton and before that i install files and more files and evolution is now a go but wont work!!!

evolution says to me

"cannot initialize ximian evolution shell : configuration database not found"

help me!!! i install all files now it says i did not!!! how do i install configuration database?

Linux is not for everyone. Personally, I would recommend that you go back to Windows 98.

As far as your Evo issue, you're going to have to provide more detailed information than "I installed lots of files and it won't work."

What did you install? How did you install it? In what order? From what repository (I'm assuming you're using RPM's)? Copy and paste error messages and debuggin information. You can search Google for similar errors or check Ximian bug reports. Good luck...

i go to evolution site and follow automatic update. now working!!! thank you all.

this looks like almost like outlook express!!! very same! very look alike! very good.

( )

And gfo bla bla man

Why he was so rude ? About what ? He's just new to linux

Learn not to be a dick in life and share knowledge and experience with everybody.No matter if they're rude or anything , just be damn kind with'em

Farewell

Greetings ,

TheoP man , pardon my intrusion

But , your 1st encouter in life with a computer was with dos ? windows ? linux ?

You want me to believe that you came here w/o noones opinion , word or a hand ?

Why linux aint for everybody ? And why win9x is ?

You want to phrase and you dont phrase right so i'll give you an example

My first contact with linux was like this :

I was like dos , clueless w/o a cmnd in my mind , and i tried :

play track01.ogg / track01.mp3 and started playing the mp3 track ... don't know if you get my point ...

Farewell

I'm really sorry but I must give my 2 cents worth.

Message to moderators. A certain word begging with W should not be allowed due to its improper use.

I firmly believe that a person new to computers will have an equaliy though time configuring

any network client be it mail, ftp or whatever. Regardless of whatever operating system they choose to run.

Xfrat2 please post what linux distribution you are using so that somebody can help you.

You have tried linux, patience and perseverance are the keys.

Or in lay man's terms NEVER QUIT!!!

I don't think I was rude. Rather, I believe I very politely stated my firm opinion. Linux is not for everyone. And yes, I would say that Windows is, even though I haven't used it in 3 years.

The simple fact is that Linux is not ready for end users who want Microsoft's compatibility and easy of use. End users shouldn't have to compile anything, know what a kernel is, etc.

I started using computers when I was 5 or 6 and then, the family computer was a Commodore 64. By the time we migrated over to the PC, it was a 386 with Windows 3.1. I learned it by poking around. Of course I had help and others people's opinions when I started learning Linux, but I didn't even install the thing on my computer until I had read the book RedHat shipped with 5.2. I certainly didn't have a friend come over and install it for me leaving me just enough ability to post questions on a web forum. I think you have to have a fair amount of background information befre trying to run Linux.

In short, I do not and would not recommend Linux for the caual user who wants their computer to do what it is already doing fine in Windows. Those people should stick to Windows.

Well heck I'll risk getting a little toasty with the flames that will no doubt ensue. All though I do have to give these forums props. It's not nearly as bad here.

I have to agree it was a bit harsh the way it was worded, but, every one is entitled to his/her opinion.

Secondly the comment before mine made no sense. You said you learned Win3.1 by poking around but you read all the way through the book before installing linux. Seems to me you learned something earlier about how to go about things. May be the person that you were kind of harsh to is that 5 or 6 year old who is poking around? Were large user bases available to ask questions to when you were on Win3.1? No. Would you have gotten on a message board and asked how to do something in win3.1 had you had that option. Probably. Point being learning is different for every one over different time periods. Yes your entitled to your opinion but it doesn't hurt to not be so harsh.

Ok I'm done with my opinion now. :-)

Props to xfrat for sticking out this linux thing. Hang in there buddy it only gets easier from here!

scrap the idea of outlook what you want to use now with linux is mozilla mail it does the same as outlook only free (win 98 aint free so outlook aint free) laugh

My first experiance with Linux and Email was using pine. and a slip account. and free T1 access ) Yes I am connected. Well was. PTB defrauded company and company went kaput. P

Oh well.. it was phun while it lasted. Umm.. BSD actually.. and something else. Forget what though Oh well. (it was Unix based..) Oh and one other Novel..for some reason.. Dunno why. )

-Corvus

(free that is because I didn't pay for it wink )