Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Luzic

how to install Xcom - ufo defense on Windows XP ?

Hi i just bought Xcom-ufo defense and i own windows XP now i can get it to work but im getting no sound can anyone help me?

Do you still have sounds when you aren't playing the game?

well if your talking about Sound period yes.. i have sound.. but its just for Xcom ufo defnese i do not at all.. no sound effects or music , i own the Cd rom version of it and i bought it off some dude from Amazon and it came with everything.. , original box and all., can you or anyone else help me? i did disable my direct draw .

ok i now fixed the sound problem , now my game is running really freaking fast now , my directdraw is still disabled and such.. but now the game is running way to fast.. can anyone help me with that problem?

CPUKiller. smile Try it.

Or select speed slower (if it's about tactical speed, in combat)... Speed must be not a problem on win-version. I haven't any - and I have P4-3500.

the only problem im having is yes.. combat speed.. is way to fast.. well.. my mouse scrolling.. it doesnt really bother me about the movement or the shooting.. but its the whole screen scrolling things.. its just way to fast.. so i have to use the MAP to select my guys or to attack whatever is there.. so.. any suggestions?

Did you already slow down tactical speed? All speed settings (along with "Save game" button smile locate under big "?" button in tactical mode. I personally easy use even maximum 5 speed scrolling, but try slower settings. smile

BTW, buttons "next/previous guy" along with flashing alien numbers (click on it smile give you more handy centering than map. wink