Compatible Support Forums
matheis

Please help I can't install Fallout Tactics on XP

Hi everyone,

I did a forum search to see if I could fine help on installing Fallout tactics on my computer for windows XP sp2. No luck on that.

I am currently getting a "102" error"It says setup needs to run on a different version of windows or something like that. I right clicked on the falloutacticslauncer.exe and clicked on "install" this is where the error is comeing from. Furthermore, I had right clicked on that icon and went to compadibilty and clicked on "windows 95" but that did not work either.

Note: This version of fallout tactics I downloaded off the net I had allready purchesed this game about 5 years ago but my step dad broke the cd. I then tried to find it at 3 different stores they did not have it so I downloaded it.

I managed to get the original fallout to work on my pc with no problems I have not tried fallout 2 yet but my guess if part 1 can work so can 2 but its fallout tactics that im having a problem with.

Also I noticed whoever put together this CD set they botched all the extensions all the files ended in a in a ; and a 1 ;1 I had to erase all those parts to make the files normal again. I also notice when I click on BOS.EXE its telling me im missing mss32.dll.

Note I have daemon tools i didnt even need to use it to install fallout for some reason. But for fallout tactics it is a seperate package i had received from a special place. I know these files have to work cause i know peoople who have gotten it from the same source as me and managed to play it.

here is a picture of the error

here is a screen shot of the error

fallouterroryo1.th.png[/img]

Hmmm, It would probably be best to use an installshield decompression program and just extract the files directly.

Considering how messed up that copy sounds I would recommend just buying another copy.