Compatible Support Forums
JennyKay85

Sims 2 problem.. I've tried everything..

I found this forum, and people around here seem to know more than the stupid EA help people. They just keep telling me to do things that I've already figured out on my own..

I bought Sims 2 back at Thanksgiving (thx, I know it's august- keep reading).. my computer then had a strange issue where it would show the splash screen for games, then not do anything else (like start the game).

Since then I've rebuilt her. New motherboard and, consequently, video card. This time when I installed it, the sims 2 started doing this:

-sound cuts in and out (plays for a while, then doesn't, then kicks back in)

-sims "jerk" their torso back and fourth quickly

-one sim (?usually a female?) will get stuck doing something. Other Sims keep running about just fine.

-sims freeze

Click here for .avi of sim acting fubar

What I've tried:

-turning all video settings inside the game to low or off

-ending all non-windows processes

-up[censored] all my drivers

-running dxdiag and changing sound accelleration to "basic"

-reinstalling (after deleting sims 2 out of my registry)

-changing the target to "D:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe" -w

The EA people told me to do the last one. I sent the problem to them, and they keep telling me to do things from their help files (which I've searched, and possibly read them all).

System:

Motherboard- ASUS A8R32-MVP (meant I had to buy PCI Express)

Video Card- ATI x300SE (it's on the supported list for sims 2)

Processor- AMD Athlon 64 2.2GHz

RAM- 1 gig

Plus DirectX 9.0c

At this point I'm searching google for other things that I can do, and I've done it all. I know my video card isn't the greatest, but EA SAYS it's supported. Truely, I think they're lying.

What kind of sound card do you have?

Does your OS or any other games ever give you any problems?

It's just what came on the motherboard, I didn't put another in because it's 5.1 and works.

"Realtek HD Audio output"

Right now I just have UT2004, Warlords BC 3, WOW, and the Sims (livin large- makin magic). All run without any kind of problem.

O.o I'll try it when I get off work tonight.

Last time I reinstalled windows I borrowed a friend's cd that had SP2 on it. This time I did the dl install for SP2, and my computer stopped recognizing my USB ports. This was a problem since I have usb mouse and keyboard. Had to go borrow someone else's so I could update the drivers.

hi can anyone help me ive istalled the sims 2 after formatting again! and replaced the missing .dll files like i normally do but this time it has come up with an error saying

"The Procedure entry point DdEntry10 could not be located in the dynamic link library DDRAW.Dll"

and i have tryed replacing the dll file but that doesnt work