Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
trottsta_man

Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT

hey ppl,

i recently bought a 128mb Geforce 6600 GT and when i got it home and tried to put it into my computer i didnt have a slot to put it into, what do you recommend i do??

is there a way i can install a slot??

thanks for replies

The 6600 GT comes in two flavors - PCIe and AGP. Depending on the age of your computer, if this is the PCIe version and you have an older computer (but not ancient computer), you could swap it for the AGP version. If your computer is ancient and does not have an AGP slot, swap it for an nVidia 5500 PCI. In other words, you can't add a slot to accomodate the card. You would have to swap out the motherboard completely.

yes it is the PCIe version, so i will try to change it for the AGP version, thankyou for your reply. hopefully the other type will work!!

Originally posted by trottsta_man:

Quote:
yes it is the PCIe version, so i will try to change it for the AGP version, thankyou for your reply. hopefully the other type will work!!

Dude, please go back to Sampson's post and click the "solution" tab under his post, this helps others in the same predicament. Thanks man. wink