Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Viny

NTFS to FAT Convertion

Ok so its like that,

I bought a new MP4 Player and it was working and everything i had music on it i had AMV's on it and it was working great!

today, well... now! I noticed that its file system was FAT not even FAT32 just FAT so i converted it to NTFS

"Convert I: /fs:ntfs"

thats the command i used, it converted it successfully and everything was ok, so, i wanted to check it out and suddenly it didnt work! it said: No Files! but when i opened the Folders i found all the files like they were before!

EDIT: I have WinXPPro SP2

So i thought thats cuz of the Convertion and i think im right.

So help me guys! i need a way to convert it back to FAT or even FAT32!

Thanks all, Viny.

Just copy all the files off of it. Reformat it to FAT32 and copy the files back.....or use whatever software that came with it to reformat or "reset" it and copy your files back.

@Viny, the convert app is a one-way street, it allows you to convert from FAT16/32 into NTFS but not back again frown

However, I do beleive that Partition Magic supports this function. You will have to find a copy as Symantec purchased the company that published this and their other drive cloning products and incorporated the features into Norton products.

hello viny, need to reformat your mp3 player back to fat partition, coz the thing is that mp3 players have their own operation system, and it's not adjusted to war with FAT32, NTFS or other File systems at all, that's why your windows can see files which are stored on player. good luck.

@fpin, if that's indeed correct, then that manufacturer has really shot itself in the foot with making so damn proprietary frown

I guess I will not be looking into anything from them any time soon...