Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Patas

Logitech QuickCam software is blocking web browsers

Problem description:

ONLY I installed yesterday was Logitech QuickCam (version 9.5 for QuickCam 5000). It was "full install" i.e. drivers + additional programs.

After the installation both web browsers (I'm using IE and FireFox) stopped open web pages! There is no delay during page loading. When I try to open standard HTTP URL (on port 80) I get immediately error like "downloading of the page was canceled" (sorry it's my translation from Czech).

When I use browsers for opening nonstandard URLs (with specific port different from 80 or HTTPS) everything works fine.

I tried if there is globaly blocked traffic to port 80 and I used 'telnet' for the check and 'telnet' works fine.

It seems that ?something? is blocking only web browsers and only request for standard HTTP port.

I've temporary solution:

On neighbouring PC I'm running Linux so there was no problem to install web proxy (squid) :-)

Tomorrow I'll be sure it's caused by Logitech SW installation because I've 2 days old partition backup so there won't be any problem to 'roll back' all system configuration (I don't believe to WinXP's "points of recovery")

Has anybody met the problem?

Thanx in advance for your replies

PAT

Hi Pat,

Try this and see if it helps. Uninstall everything you installed

for the Logitech QuickCam including all the extra programs.

Then reinstall only the QuickCams drivers and see if that helps.

Thanks for this suggestion. It looked like solution because ...

1) I uninstalled applications and drivers (after that web browsing was ok and no proxy was needed)

2) than I installed only drivers (after that web brosing was ok too), but there was problem with not correctly installed drivers for integrated microphone (after complete installation there was no problem with int.microphone!)

so I decided to "roll back" to backuped system installation. Then I installed only drivers and the problem with microphone driver appeared again (web browsing was still ok)

I'd little bit searched internet for some Logitech microphone driver issues and I found answers to reinstall drivers for default (system) sound card. It looked strange but I tried it.

I'd searched ASUS web pages for appropriate drivers (I have A8V Deluxe), downloaded and installed these ftp://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/ALC850/ALC850_a357.zip drivers.

After required reboot I got this status:

- drivers for integrated microphone looks installed without any problem and microphone works fine (also camera is ok)

- web browsing IS NOT POSSIBLE :-( (only with configured proxy)

Does anybody have any other ideas?

I'm using WinXP Home.