Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ekizz

starcraft runs in a tiny window with new laptop?

i recently purchased a new acer laptop and installed starcraft on it

heres my problem: when i run the game it seems to be running at a very small resolution in the middle of the screen, and all the empty spaces are just black.

i want to play the game full screen, but cant get it to work.

any help guys?

Check your laptop BIOS for something to do with your laptop screen.

can i get some directions or something? im pretty much a noob at :cpus smirk

Basically your LCD (your screen) doesn't support the resolution (the size of the screen the game wants), usually computers have options to make it so that your computer will "stretch" the game window to the size of your LCD screen. (I've just simplified alot of stuff that is making me wince even typing it but the above is the basic idea).

If your reboot your computer, before windows starts there should be an option to press the DELETE key or F2 or some other key to access your BIOS. (Computer setup screen). In there, in decent laptops anyway, is an option to "stretch" or not to "strech" your screen.

I cannot help you any more than that because BIOS's are different among computers. You'll just have to use your own brain and try to figure it our for yourself or cross your fingers, and hope that the company you bought your laptop from knows what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by DOSFREAK:

Quote:
Basically your LCD (your screen) doesn't support the resolution (the size of the screen the game wants), usually computers have options to make it so that your computer will "stretch" the game window to the size of your LCD screen. (I've just simplified alot of stuff that is making me wince even typing it but the above is the basic idea).

If your reboot your computer, before windows starts there should be an option to press the DELETE key or F2 or some other key to access your BIOS. (Computer setup screen). In there, in decent laptops anyway, is an option to "stretch" or not to "strech" your screen.

I cannot help you any more than that because BIOS's are different among computers. You'll just have to use your own brain and try to figure it our for yourself or cross your fingers, and hope that the company you bought your laptop from knows what I'm talking about.

dosfreak does not know what he is talking about don't listen to him. starcraft only supports 640x480 screen resolution. This cannot be changed, apparently warcraft III has in game resolution options.

I do know what I'm talking about.

If the original topic poster wishes to discuss the issue further they can contact me via PM.

THREAD CLOSED